Monday, June 20, 2011

Vintage Costume Jewelry Challenge... My past 5 days SPARKLED!

I didn't anticipate challenging myself to don the vintage jewels I am sooo drawn to when I sat down to write the entry I made last Monday... but that is how it turned out.  I have to confess that I really didn't anticipate the entire "experience" to be as much fun as it turned out to be... but it was!?!  Here are the hi-lites from my week in rhinestones, faux pearls and all the glitz and glam that is typically reserved for far more interesting events and fancy places.... but I wore it everywhere... the gas station, car wash, grocery store and more.... I have to say that I smiled almost non-stop and had one of the best weeks I have had in a long time... while I won't be adorning my wrists, ears, neck and the like with my costume jewelry every day... I am definitely inspired to start wearing it more often than I have... here are the days in consecutive order:

Day 1: Monday (posted earlier):

Day 2: Tuesday:
Yes, day 2 was a bit on the "boring" side... especially seeing as how I wore those same bracelets the day before... but I did rock the red-eye fish brooch....

Day 3: Wednesday:

Day 4: Thursday:

Day 5: Friday:

Okay... so I guess I didn't get around to setting up the tripod and getting a (COMPLETELY staged) pic of myself running the pink Dyson with the tiara... but I will!!!

NOTE: After reviewing this post prior to publishing I realized that this whole "challenge" is crap and that I didn't really wear any "COSTUME" jewels all week long?!? I just wore a bunch of my vintage pieces that I wear sometimes anyway!?!? Sooo... with that being said and noted, I am vowing for a re-do.... and, because it already Monday... starting next Monday.... all RHINESTONES ALL week! Regardless of where I go and what I do (the bank, San Francisco, Marmot meeting.... who knows?!?... but I am going in RHINESTONES) (& I will attempt to do a better job at documenting).... until then...

No comments:

Post a Comment